This is another dish that I prepared for Thanksgiving, but it's definitely not fall-specific. I doubled it for our crowd and it was perfect. This would be great during a football game or holiday dinner party. I polished off the leftovers for lunch!
Skinny Artichoke Dip
- 13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- olive oil spray
In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the shallots.
Combine artichokes, yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and top with breadcrumbs. Lightly spray the crumbs with olive oil then bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.
Can be made one day in advance without the breadcrumbs and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Add breadcrumbs before baking. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.